Welcome to MindfulMarch. This month, we will be collaborating with LoveYourBrain to raise both money and awareness. Every year, we do what we can to support this organization – we donate $1 of every Yoga on the Rocks ticket, we coordinate a LoveYourBrain 6-week yoga series, we support our teachers to get trained, and we make several of our restorative classes LYB (LoveYourBrain) Friendly. However, this month, we are making it our top priority.
Each year 1.5 billions Americans suffer from a TBI (traumatic brain injury.) For those that do live, their quality of life changes dramatically. We are honored to be a small part of the healing process. LoveYourBrain’s mission is to, “improve the quality of life of people affected by traumatic brain injury through programs that build community and foster resilience.” They believe that yoga, mindfulness and community are absolutely integral to this transformation. And so do we.
Samy Mattei and Lauralyn Sullivan, both who teach LoveYourBrain classes, share their experience of teach the 6-week LYB series:
“LoveYourBrain FUNdamental series is such a special co-created sacred space where individuals who have experienced great grief, challenge and isolation to find – and share – healing, inspiration and community. Everyone feels like a family by the end of the series and truly uplifts and supports one another beyond the six weeks.” -Samy Mattei
“Serving the LoveYourBrain community has really supported my own growth as a teacher and student. I discover more about my own strength and resilience. I get to know each other’s stories of challenge and realistic optimism. I can see that I am not alone and that there is an abundance of compassionate connection available through the LoveYourBrain series and then extended to the larger River community with LYB friendly classes.” -Lauralyn Sullivan
Kevin Pearce (A founder of LYB), who suffered from a near fatal TBI while training for the 2010 Olympics, explains that “All brains need to be loved. They can’t always be serious and mad. They need to have fun.” So please join our community this month for yoga, meditation to give ALL of our brains a chance to have fun, be loved and feel at hOMe.
How can you get involved?
- March Meditation Challenge – Stay after class for 10 meditation and get entered to win a free workshop! Sign-up with our punch card at the front desk.
- Every Monday: Open Meditation Space 4-5:15pm @ both studios! Check the schedule.
- 3/5: Yoga to Reduce Stress and Anxiety w/ Steph Winsor 7-8:30pm@ Golden Triangle.
- 3/9: MINDFUL MARCH | Donation Yoga + Benefit Night to support LOVE YOUR BRAIN 6:30pm @Origin Hotel Red Rocks.
- 3/19 Introduction to Meditation: Why 1 Minute is Better Than 0 Minutes w/ Sara Rice 7-8pm @ Golden Triangle.
- 3/26: Yoga Nidra w/ Lauralyn Sullivan followed by a live screening of The Crash Reel 5:45-9pm @ Five Points.